Our group encourages participation in our project through a variety of events. Join us for trail building activities, ladies days or come out and hike the trail as part of a group. If you'd like to add an activity, please contribute!
Photographic Hike with Gerry Farrell: Saturday, August 18, 2012Location:
205 Cameron Road, Hopewell
Directions to Firmingers:
From Hwy 104, Exit 24 to Hopewell, hwy 374
South on hwy 374 for 18 km, left onto Cameron Lane for 1 km
Left into Firminger driveway
Start counting the 18 km once you turn onto 374 and go 270 degrees around the traffic circle, you will pass these communities/landmarks:
- several sets of lights as you drive through the town of Stellarton
- Valley View Villa sr citizens complex on right
- community of Riverton
- community of Eureka
- Village Variety gas station/community of Hopewell at 10.7 km
- post office and church at 11.2 km
- St Columba church 13.7 km
- community of Lorne
- a 'Y' in the road at 17.3 km, keep to the left/straight towards Sheet Harbor/Trafalgar (DO NOT turn right!)
- cross a small bridge, halfway up the first hill (at 18 km) is a gravel road. Sign says Elgin and Cameron Lane to the left. # on mailbox just before the right turn is 3367. Take this road.
- the Firminger driveway is at 19 km, turn left (you can see white house - we are the only property on the left), #205 on mailbox at end of driveway.
Mark and Ilze Firminger